is uploaded here -> Pykids poster at PyCon2017
Here is a chess board that the pykids drew with simple for loops. Made colorful and visual with ipythonblocks
and a Pykids student has a talk to present. Pykids also has a poster spot. Exciting times ahead!!
Fantastic start to the year – I have had a busy few weeks with PyCon 2017 Education Summit activities. I am a Co Chair this year!
New notebooks are under prep and classes set to restart soon – watch this space!!
After 5 sessions we did our first review class on the lessons so far:
Lessons are posted for anyone else to try. I will be posting answer notebooks soon so watch this space!!
Since we missed two sessions , we did a review session on 11/6/2016. Students wanted to review the following:
- Students: 2
- Grade : 5th
- Equipment: Laptop and wifi
- Class duration : 1.5 hours
- Lesson review went well – kids remembered most concepts. More details here
- The exercise threw up a great surprise. From the concept of tables we went on to discuss repetitive tasks and how can we use code to make this easier. The connection between this example and creating a loop to automate the repetitive steps came easily – we introduced the for statement! More details here
- String manipulation and the idea of “adding” and “multiplying” strings in their own words is “cool”
I am learning too!